Santiam Tray/Tunnel Dryer Overview
The Santiam was designed for the global market, and can utilize
optional block or full steel walls. The Santiam has the versatility
of conducting batch, batch-to-dry, counter flow, and parallel flow
dehydration protocols. The Santiam is capable of drying a wide range
of products, including meat and fish, fruit, fruit leathers,
vegetables, nuts, herbs, and seeds to name a few. This high quality,
high output dryer system would be an excellent investment choice
wherever you need it.
- Can be shipped in a 40 ft. (12.19 m) shipping container.
- Choice of Stainless or Carbon steel construction.
- LED Display of real time temperature with set-point control.
- Fully insulated for uniform and consistent drying while helping
reduce operating cost.
- 20 HP fan motor for high air velocity.
- Mobile tray racks for more capacity.
- Commercial quality construction for long useful life.
- Approximately 7,870 sq ft (731 sq m) of drying surface area for
standard model, stainless steel trays* on stainless mobile tray
carts. *plastic option available, less sq ft inside dryer.
- Thermostatic Temperature Control (from ambient to 220°F/104°C).
- Powerful fixed speed fan (variable speed available).
- Adjustable fresh air inlet (humidity control).
- Direct fired gas burner (natural Gas or propane.
- Steel Tube Construction.
- Height: 17-feet (5.18 m) when Installed
- Width: 40-feet (12.19 m)
- Length: 8-feet (2.44 m)
Santiam Operation Costs
||Fan Motor HP
||Heat Type, Max load
||Average Electrical Load (Fan)
||Average Heat Load
||Average Hourly Cost Fan/Heat
||Gas Burner, 2.5
||1 million BTU's
||10 Therms x $1.45 =
10.26 kw/hr x $0.12 = $1.23
Total Average Cost = $15.73
Note: All heating loads were computed based
on a 40% consumption rate. This is an average
figure, and may not accurately represent all
applications. Energy costs will vary per Therm
and Kilowatt. Check rates for your area.
- Telfon Liners
- Digital Thermometer
- Choice of Data logger or Chart Recorder
- Tray Cart
- Extra set of trays (solid or perforated)